I first concocted this dressing when I was on an anti-Candida diet back in August of 2016. It's since remained a staple in my kitchen - not only because it's yummy and goes with just about everything, but it's SO EASY!!!
Unless you have an allergy or sensitivity to any of the ingredients, this dressing works with most anyone's dietary requirements. Try it out and let me know what you think!
RECIPE: Citrus & Spice Salad Dressing
Time: 5 minutes
Taste: Tangy & Smooth
Action: Blood-sugar balancing & Brain-boosting
2 parts extra virgin olive oil (a.k.a. EVOO)
1 part apple cider vinegar (a.k.a. ACV)
1 part fresh lemon juice
1tsp raw honey
Spices: (proportions relative to the full amount)
2 parts cinnamon
2 parts cumin
1 part cayenne pepper
1. Squeeze lemon juice in a small bowl and remove seeds. Pour into a small container (one with a lid for shaking).
2. Add remaining ingredients into small container with lemon juice and shake feverishly until combined.
3. Pour over salad and enjoy!
4. Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week.
1. If you increase the amount of dressing you're producing, be wary of how much lemon juice and ACV you include, as it can get pretty tart. Test out your ingredients for potency before adding and add slowly, tasting along the way until a desired outcome is achieved.
2. Careful not to add too much spice. Like the lemon juice and ACV, start small and add less as you increase your batch size.